Organic Chia Seeds - White label
Chia seeds come from a flowering plant in the mint family that's native to Mexico and Guatemala, and history suggests it was a very important food crop for the Aztecs. It's remained in regular use in its native countries, but was largely unknown in North America until researcher Wayne Coates began studying chia as an alternative crop for farmers in northern Argentina about 29 years ago.
100% Certified Organic Chia seeds from Bolivia. Our organic Chia seeds are certified according to EU regulations. Upon request we can also provide organic chia seeds from Paraguay.
|Nutritional details||Per 100 gram|
|Calories||1906 Kj / 460 Kcal|
|Total fat content||30.1 gr|
|Omega-3 fatty acids||63.4%|
|Omega-6 fatty acids||20.4%|
|Dietary fiber||25.3 gr|
7 Good Reasons To Start Eating Chia Seeds
- Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the
food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great
- Feel fuller faster: They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times
their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
- Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the "chia gel" can hydrate the body.
- Reduce your blood pressure: There's evidence to suggest they can reduce blood pressure.
- Omega-3: They are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect against inflammation —
such as arthritis — and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
- Benefits for diabetes: Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple
sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have
great benefits for diabetics.
- They are easier to digest than flax seeds, and don't need to be ground up.