is used as a food additive. It is easily digestible, being absorbed as rapidly as glucose, and might be either moderately sweet or almost flavorless.
Know About MDP:-
1. Maltodextrin is produced from starches of corn, wheat, potatoes or Rice.
2. MDP is used as a bulking base for artificial sweeteners.
3. It is also used as a thickener for soups, gravies, and salad dressings.
4. The plant source of maltodextrin in products is a pain point for people suffering from celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
5. Also used in the pharmaceutical industry as a binding agent in pills.
6. The product is manufactured by liquefaction of starch controlling the DE value not exceeding 25.
7. Other foods that may contain MDP for this purpose include canned fruits, desserts, protein shakes, instant pudding and sauces.